Anniversary Ticker

Daisypath

Saturday, June 26, 2010

June

Oh my goodness where do I begin? So much has happened! Let's see here....

-Moving: At the end of May we packed up all our junk (and yes, it really is junk!) and moved to Lake Havasu. We had such good help from the Elder's Quorum in both our Flagstaff ward and the Crossman Peak Ward. Since I still was working at the time I went back to Flagstaff for two more weeks.

-Job: I finished my job and said good-bye to my first teaching assignment. It was difficult. I knew I would miss my kids and the friends I made there. I also knew that I didn't have a job lined up just yet (the interview I had didn't fall through). So off to Havasu I went to be with my hubby. Well, I had a week off to relax and enjoy my time off, as well as send in a few more applications. I went back to Flagstaff once again for a class I was taking for professional development, even though I didn't know if I'd be using it. Well, as luck may have it (actually it was more than luck of course!) I got a call that Monday while I was in class to interview with another school. We set it up for the following week on Tuesday, so I finished my class, said good-bye to my friends that I made, and off I went back to Havasu. Three days later I was in the car with my hubby heading to Glendale. I studied interview questions like a crazy person, and despite my preperation felt really nervous. On Tuesday I got up, studied some more, got in my new interviewing outfit, and went with Rhett to the school. The interview went great. All the questions were what I studied and I walked out of it feeling like a million dollars. The next morning I was back in Havasu and got a phone call from the school. They offered me the job to teach third grade. Rhett and I laughed and cried (I think I did the crying mostly), and immediately called our family and friends. So....blessings do come and I am now employed! Phew! No more applications!!!

-New Addition: Nope! Sorry guys! Not us! We'll get there! However, Rhett's sister, Katie gave birth to a beautiful baby boy on June 4th. His name is Ethan Michael. We are actually in Tucson visiting with him and his proud parents. He will be getting blessed tomorrow and we're very happy to have a nephew! Rhett still says we need to have a boy to carry on the Penn name. We'll see what happens!

-Utah: We had a chance to go visit some friends up in Utah. Our friend Chris had a birthday, and his wife, Rachel, wanted to surprise him. So...we snuck up there to help with dinner and decorating and then hid from him when he got home from work. It was sooo good to see them again! I wish all our friends weren't so far away and that we didn't have anything else going on in our lives so we can see them all the time! Darn those necessary evils (money, jobs, school, etc.)! Such is life! We'll have to make more of an effort to see them!

Well that's about all that is going on so far for June! It's been good to be with family. I'll update in July! Moving time again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment